Saturday, July 7
7:00 – 9:00 p.m.
Marriott Room 5 – 10
Sign up begins at 6:30 p.m.
This process is posted:
- On the Web: Standing Commission on Liturgy and Music at (www.liturgyandmusic.wordpress.com)
- At the Information Desk: On the hearing schedule board
- At the Hearing: Available at the sign-up at 6:30 p.m.
Speakers may sign up to testify in one or both parts of the hearing. If a speaker testifies in Part 1, the speaker’s name will move to the bottom of the list in Part 2.
If you have suggested changes to the materials
Those who wish to submit specific suggestions for the resources, Blue Book (pp. 184-281) may post those on the Standing Commission on Liturgy and Music (www.liturgyandmusic.wordpress.com), no later than 7 a.m. EDT on Sunday, July 8, or give them in writing to a legislative aide for Committee 13 by the end of the hearing.
7:00 – 8:00pm
Resolution A049 (Blue Book, p. 168)
Indicate on the sign-up whether you are speaking for or against Resolution A049. Speakers will alternate “pro” and “con,” in order of sign-up.
8:00 – 9:00 pm
“I Will Bless You, and You Will Be a Blessing: Resources for Blessing Same-Gender Relationships,” (Blue Book, pp. 184-281)
- Speakers may offer comments on or suggestions about any or all of the resources.
The committee asks speakers who have specific suggestions for emending the text to submit their suggestions for changes in specific wording in writing to the legislative aide immediately after testifying; include name and diocese on the submission.
- Order of testimony: The committee will hear from the first 5 bishops or deputies or alternate deputies who have signed up to testify, in order of sign-up, then from 5 others who have signed up to testify, also in order of sign-up. Speakers will continue to alternate in that pattern: 5 deputies/alternates/bishops, then 5 others.